Privatizations in Angola: What Challenges and Opportunities Lie Ahead?
Privatizations in Angola:L10272
Date: February 27, 2020
Time: 9:30am EST
Moderated by: Claudia Santos Cruz, Senior Consultant, Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados (Lex Mundi member firm for Portugal) and Irina Neves Ferreira, Partner, ALC Advogados
Registration Fee: Lex Mundi members / Non-members - No Charge.
During this webinar, experienced lawyers from Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados (Lex Mundi member for Portugal) and their associated office, ALC Advogados, will discuss:
- The Privatization Program for 2019-2022
- The context of political reforms in Angola
- Privatization methods
- Regulatory issues of relevance to investors: private investment law and foreign exchange constraints
- Key companies and sectors
- Business opportunities and
- The latest developments
What You Will Learn:
- Gain both legal and practical insight to investments in Angola, Africa’s second largest oil producer.
- The Privatisation Programme is pioneer in Angola and covers several important business sectors and our experts will discuss the challenges and opportunities they present.
- Cross-border transactions are becoming increasingly more complex and considered disproportionately challenging and risky by businesses and legal advisors. Lawyers that can demystify these challenges will play a critical leading role in helping their own and/or their clients businesses to grow in Africa.
- The speakers will share their experiences on projects and transactions and focus on recent developments.
Claudia Santos Cruz, Senior Consultant, Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados (Lex Mundi member firm for Portugal)
Morais Leitão is a leading full-service law firm in Portugal, with a solid background of decades of experience. Broadly recognized, the firm is a reference in several branches and sectors of the law on national and international level. In 2010, the firm created the Morais Leitão Legal Circle, an international alliance of independent law firms to address the growing needs of its clients throughout the world, particularly in Portuguese-speaking countries. Its exclusive member for Angola is ALC Advogados, a local market leading law firm.
Claudia Santos Cruz is a senior consultant at Morais Leitão, recognised by all the major legal directories as a foreign expert for Angola and has assisted numerous investors structuring their operations and investments into the country.
Irina Neves Ferreira, Partner, ALC Advogados
Irina Neves Ferreira is a partner with the Morais Leitão network firm ALC Advogados. Irina is a leading Angolan lawyer with a wealth of experience in various sectors of the Angolan economy and legal system.
Registration and fees:
|No Charge - Members/Non-Members - FREE|