Knowledge Management Webinar on Building Smarter Law Firms: Surviving a Volatile Market
[On Demand Webinar - DL1082]
Course Type: Audio / PowerPoint Presentation
Course Registration Fee: Lex Mundi Member Fee: No Charge
Duration: 60 minutes
This course is only available to Lex Mundi members.
Law firms face changing markets for their legal services. They struggle to make sense of what is happening and to adapt quickly enough. How can fast-flow communication and accelerated decision-making help your firm survive a volatile market? This webinar shares the latest research on how to build a smarter law firm.
What You Will Learn:
- Whether your firm is at risk by calculating its "Z" (or zombie) score.
- Why making predictions is the most important thing your firm does.
- How fast-flow communications and accelerated decision-making is the key to a smarter, adaptable firm.
- The first three things your firm can do to start getting smarter.
Gordon Vala-Webb, Senior Advisor for Technology and Innovation, Lex Mundi
Gordon helps leaders of organizations improve their business results by transforming how their people collaborate, innovate and share what they know. He is an award-winning social business and knowledge practitioner and thought-leader with 15 years of experience working with large / complex public- and private-sector organizations.
Gordon was National Director of Innovation and Information at McMillan LLP (a Canadian business law firm) where he was responsible for developing and executing firm-wide strategies for innovation and information strategy that helped shape and implement "best-in-class" internal processes, tools and technologies.
Previously he was National Director of KM for PwC Canada and led the Business Value / Design team as part of the selection and rollout of a global social networking platform across PwC's network of firms (175,000 people in 150+ countries). That platform won Jive's best-in-show "New ways in business" in 2012.
Gordon has worked with a number of the leading social networking platforms (Sharepoint, Yammer, Newsgator, IBM Connections, Cisco Show and Share). Some of the projects he has led include:
- Developed and launched an innovation program for a 6,000 person national firm – 100 new ideas in 5 weeks
- Reducing email overload and improving leadership communications by shifting corporate communications from emails to tailored streams of news on mobile devices and portal
- Creating an internal YouTube-like video channel for leadership communications, training and knowledge sharing
- Driving operational efficiency and revenue enhancement through an innovation program using social networking platform (100 ideas in 30 days)
Teams he has led have been recognized through awards such as the NN/g Top Ten Government Intranets and the IIR Best Portal, Content and Collaboration Excellence Award. Gordon is frequently asked to speak at conferences and other events in both North America and Europe.
Gordon has a MA (Politics) from Queens and a Masters in Management Science (Technology) from the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo. He is also certified as a Human Capital Strategist (HCI).
To obtain MCLE/CPD credit for online courses through the Lex Mundi Learning Network, please refer to your jurisdiction’s regulating agency for information regarding MCLE/CPD self-filing instructions.
Registration and fees:
|Lex Mundi Member Fee - No Charge|