Emerging Markets Webinar: Infrastructure Opportunities for Investment in Peru
[On Demand - DL1071]
Course Type: Audio / PowerPoint Presentation
Course Registration Fee: Lex Mundi Member Fee: No Charge / Non-Member Fee: No Charge
Duration: 60 minutes
Over the last 20 years, Peru has experienced almost uninterrupted economic growth, creating one of the most attractive markets of the Latin American region. Despite such large growth, the infrastructure deficit of Peru has increased exponentially due to regulatory and political complications making the private investment process through PPPs extremely slow and burdensome.
Under newly elected leadership, the government is making changes to reactivate and power up the economy, as well as modernize government institutions. The new regulatory policies, along with the high infrastructure deficit, generate a highly attractive market for new foreign investors.
This webinar highlights the series of changes intended to deregulate and improve the private investment process through PPPs, as well as provide a future outlook of resulting investment opportunities.
What You Will Learn:
- Background of Peru’s infrastructure deficit, specifically highlighting road infrastructure.
- Overview of the 3 pillars of change seeking to simplify and make transparent the PPP system, including: simplification of the process, professionalization of the agency and de-politization of proinversion.
- Details of new regulations, slated for enactment in the next 3 months, making the Peruvian infrastructure market much more attractive to foreign investors
Carlo Viacava, Partner, Estudio Olaechea (Lex Mundi member firm for Peru)
Mr. Viacava is Partner of Estudio Olaechea and head of the M&A and Banking and Finance practice groups.
“Carlo Viacava is admired in the market for his significant experience in a range of financings, with a particular focus on investment fund – related deals.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
- Mergers and Acquisitions of publicly traded and private companies.
- Offerings and listings of securities in the local and international markets.
- Capital Raising for local and foreign asset managers.
- Project Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Private and public offers of foreign investors.
- Mandatory Bids.
- Corporate finance matters.
- Structuring secured and syndicated loans.
Education and Background
- Lawyer degree from the Law School of Universidad de Lima (1997)
- Master of Laws degree from Duke University (2001)
- Speaker in several conferences abroad and locally and addressed his presentations to managers, CLOs, law students and general public in venues such as the International Bar Association (IBA); Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, New York State Bar Association, American Stock Exchange, Lex Mundi Institute, AMCHAM, Legal Forum, among others.
- Member of the Lima Bar Association
To obtain MCLE/CPD credit for online courses through the Lex Mundi Learning Network, please refer to your jurisdiction’s regulating agency for information regarding MCLE/CPD self-filing instructions.