Best Practices Live Chat: Guide to Legal Project Management
[On Demand - DL1051]
Duration: 60 minutes
Course Type: Audio Chat / PowerPoint Presentation
Course Registration Fee: Lex Mundi Member Fee: No Charge
This course is available only to Lex Mundi members.
This live chat recording discusses how project management processes could be adapted to the legal arena. The program also provides an overview of the practical approaches and methodologies that firms can implement in legal project management.
Key takeaways include:
- More and more firms are trying to introduce the principles of Legal Project Management (LPM) into their firms - LPM has come of age
- The philosophy of LPM should be part of every engagement however big or small
- Project management techniques impose a useful structure and discipline to legal work
- IT can help but only when everyone understands how LPM works.
- Parts of LPM are difficult to introduce because
- Change is difficult for partners who have been used to doing things their way
- Different approaches may be needed for different types of legal work
- Financial Dashboards are useful for tracking and monitoring
- Clients are increasingly requiring LPM and competitors are providing it.
Nick Jarrett-Kerr LL.B is a specialist adviser to law firms worldwide on issues of strategy, governance and leadership development as well as important business issues facing law firms as they compete in difficult market conditions. In the last nine years, Nick has established himself as one of the leading UK and international advisers to law firms. He was a founding member of the (England & Wales) Law Society’s Law Management Section and served as its Chairman for two years. He is also a member of the UK Association of Partnership Practitioners. In the last five years, he has consulted to firms in fifteen different countries on three different continents. Nick is Visiting Professor at Nottingham Trent University where he leads the strategy modules for the Nottingham Law School MBA strategy modules.
To obtain MCLE/CPD credit for online courses through the Lex Mundi Learning Network, please refer to your jurisdiction’s regulating agency for information regarding MCLE/CPD self-filing instructions.
Registration and fees:
|Lex Mundi Member Fee - No Charge|